Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 167 - Oh wait, that's just how it feels

The Auntie speaks.

We let him choose between two vegetables on Saturday night: peas (which he's already tried) and beets.  He chose the beets.  After saving them until last, like usual, he tried them and declared them "kinda delicious."  We actually ran out of beets for when he requested seconds of pizza (it was a small can since it was from my single days lol). He then ate peas.  It's funny to me that he likes beets since I was lied to as a child about what beets really were.  I was told, when I decided that I didn't like beets,that they were actually red carrots.  Now, I loved carrots.  I fell for it.  However, my family neglected to lift the veil and tell me that they weren't actually red carrots.  I learned the hard way: in my second grade class when I called beets red carrots.  Imagine my shock!

Anyway, this isn't about me.

I believe there are two brand new cans of beets in the cupboard now.  This kid WILL eat vegetables.  Dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment